The new Sony A9 is Sony’s most advanced camera for professional photographers, with a full-frame stacked CMOS sensor (24.2 megapixels), incredible continuous shooting capabilities, and 693 autofocus points. The A9 shoots 4K video, features 5-axis in-body stabilization, dual SD card slots, and an ethernet port.
Sony A9 features:
- Groundbreaking full-frame Exmor RS CMOS sensor and BIONZ X processor team up for 20fps continuous shooting with AF/AE tracking. Stunning high-speed performance and ample buffer let you capture the decisive moment. Silent shooting
- maximum shutter speed is 1/32,000 sec
- calculating AF/AE at up to 60 times per second — regardless of shutter release and frame capture.
- The 693 phase-detect AF points cover near 93 percent of the frame. There’s a focus joystick on the back to help you better pinpoint your subject.
- A9’s 35mm full-frame stacked Exmor RS CMOS sensor is “the world’s first of its kind”.
- Quad-VGA OLED Tru-Finder with approximately 3,686k dots.
- Battery with 2.2x the capacity of previous Sony full-frame cameras.
- Retail price: US$4,500 (body).